Saturday 23 May 2009

Fight Against Tumour

How would you feel if someone told you that you are having a life threathening disease...perhaps a cancer. I'm pretty sure that most of us will cry to death...thinking about how short our life will be.

But that is not going to happen to my eldest sister, Safina who has undergo a surgery to remove a large benign tumour in her uterus. It all started when she began to feel her tummy is lopsided and bigger, she decided to clear any doubts by going for physical examination at government hospital.

Unfortunately, the doctor failed to reach any diagnosis and asked her to lose some weight so that the result will better.
Nonsense laa...unsatisfied with what the doctor said, my sis went to a private hospital Ampang Puteri for further examination.

The pathology report revealed everything...the 2nd doctor broke the horrible news that she had leiomyoma in her uterus, and the worst part is that they have to remove her uterus too!
Poor sis, the news was like a thunder striking right onto her face... she broke into tears the moment she heard the news...ThankGod her hubby bunny is not out of town.

I wish I was there to comfort her...But she is stronger than I thought. A week after that, I got an sms from her saying that she will undergo a surgery to remove the tumour, Alhamdulillah the uterus can be saved.

Now she is back at school while still having the post operative pain... I couldn't picture myself in her place...having tumour can give us a new perspective about life and people around us.
Sis...you are definitely my very own wonderwoman haha...wait till I return home, really miss ya!

2 comments:

ariffss ™ said...

I wish her a good recovery! Please get well soon! Don't give up! I'm sure that she'll win this fight against her illness! Good luck and the best wishes!

fatinah said...

thanx abg arip
can't wait to go back to malaysia
really want to spend time with her..